- Data collection
- Programming and Deliverables
The largest double opt-in online panel in Europe!
Web surveys are still experiencing a strong growth and are currently the most common method of data collection in our markets.The Norstat Group has panels in 19 European countries, making us one of the largest panel owners in Europe.
Listed below are a number of advantages that online data collection as a method has in comparison to older traditional offline methods.
- Better control of the sample ‐ we have a long list of background information of each panelist. This enables us to compose our sample exactly to the specifications of our customers’ needs.
- Cost efficient ‐ online surveys do not have the same demand for human resources as telephone interviewing. Therefore, we can offer online surveys to our customers at a lower price.
- Interviewing on the respondent’s terms ‐ our surveys can be completed by respondents when and where they want. In addition, we always give our respondents an incentive as an appreciation for their participation.
- Better and more honest open responses and qualitative feedback – respondents display great effort when taking our online surveys. Open questions are often more comprehensive than we experience in other quantitative methods. This especially holds true regarding sensitive issues, where a respondent may not be willing to open up to the interviewer.
- Eliminating bias from interviewers – online surveys also have the advantage of eliminating potential interviewer bias. All respondents experience the survey in exactly the same way.
- Potential to use audio and video ‐ the ability to show pictures and video clips is a great advantage of this method. For example when measuring ad recall of an advertising campaign.
- Our Panelist /Your panelist. If you use our online panels, the unique links to the questionnaire are sent according to your sample plan. If you collect data yourself, we can send you a general link to the survey or any number of unique links to monitor the field results (“completes”, “incompletes”, “screeners”, etc.).
ESOMAR has developed 28 questions that buyers of online surveys should always ask their suppliers. You will find our answers to these questions here.
We believe that data quality is paramount and that the key to achieving reliable, representative and replicable results online is best practice approaches in recruitment, sampling and questionnaire design. You can read much more about our approach to online surveys and panel management in our panel book. You can request our panel book here.
Naturally, you are also always welcome to contact us for more information about our online surveys.
The map below indicates the markets we currently cover. We offer online surveys in all markets marked in blue or green – in the countries marked in green we also offer offline data collection.